Monday, September 29, 2008

Help Wanted

I just saw a sign advertising a job for a garbage truck driver. It can't be that hard can it? I mean, you just drive a truck around and pick up folks garbage with a mechanical device. I also hear they pay well. I could sit there, listen to music, enjoy the fall foliage on my run, wear a t-shirt and jeans (well, maternity jeans but still), not have to speak to another human being for hours at a time. It sounds really wonderful. I'm having them fax me an application. If I get the job perhaps my rants will be about other types of "garbage." (har de har har har)

3 comments:

LA Lady said...

It must be common for social workers to want to do something mindless with very little human contact - my supervisor wants to drive a dump truck and i want to start a cleaning business! we've talked about it at length.

Tanya said...

City job too, right? Retirement!

socialworkemergency said...

oh please don't! we need you! besides, everyone knows we all have to have a second job - you could do it on the weekends and still change the world full time.